Our Accidental Death and Dismemberment attorneys work with beneficiaries of life insurance policies whose payout has been delayed or unfairly denied.
Accidental death and dismemberment life insurance policies offer coverage only when the insured died in an accident or sustained dismemberment injuries due to accidental means.
Since AD&D policies set such restrictive circumstances, insurance companies have much leeway when it comes to reasons they can use to delay or deny your payout. It happens because AD&D contracts are different from standard life insurance policies. They have their own set of exclusions that, if applicable, result in denials of benefits.
An AD&D attorney at our firm can help you navigate through the complex process of fighting an insurer when an accidental death and dismemberment claim has been denied. Call (888) 510-2212 for a free consultation.
Our Experience in Handling Denied AD&D Claims
At Kadetskaya Law Firm, we have a high success rate of recovering insurance payouts on denied accidental death and dismemberment claims. Our attorneys will make sure your AD&D appeal is handled professionally and competently.
Our accidental death and dismemberment lawyers have litigated and settled many AD&D cases involving claim denials including:
- Denial based on sickness exclusion;
- Denial based on prescription drug use;
- Denial based on illegal drug use;
- Denial based on the death not resulting from an accident;
- Denial based on intoxication;
- Denial based on participating in a felony;
- Denial based on suicide;
- Denial based on failure to file a claim within a certain period of time.
Here are some of the cases our AD&D attorneys have successfully handled:
- Denied AD&D due to sickness exclusion and material misrepresentation;
- Denied AD&D due to intoxication;
- Denied AD&D due to drug exclusion;
- Denied AD&D due to marijuana intoxication;
- Denied AD&D due to death not being an accident;
- Denied AD&D due to sickness exclusion.
We have represented clients against a number of life insurance companies in accidental death and dismemberment appeals, settlements and lawsuits. American General (AIG), CIGNA, Colonial Life, Hartford, Prudential and Primerica are just a few of them. You can find the complete list here.
How Our Lawyers Can Help Recover Your AD&D Payout
Life insurance companies follow extremely narrow definitions of what “accidental death” and “dismemberment injury” are, and often deny or limit how much they pay out. Learn more about what accidental death and dismemberment insurance covers.
Our attorneys are skilled in handling complex circumstances surrounding denied AD&D claims. They will review your case for you and advise you of the best course of action. Before submitting an appeal, we will conduct an independent investigation and research to determine the real circumstances surrounding the insured’s death. The results will help make a comprehensive argument that counteracts the denial reasons and forces the insurance company to look at your case from a different perspective.
At our law firm, we offer legal support in all stages of your AD&D claim for benefits and have considerable experience in:
- Explaining how AD&D policies work;
- Improving clients’ chances of recovering AD&D claims where life insurance exclusions might apply;
- Helping clients understand their life insurance beneficiary rights;
- Assisting clients in filing a claim;
- Reviewing the policy terms and determining if an exclusion applies;
- Filing a comprehensive legal brief to appeal a denied AD&D claim;
- Anticipating the arguments the insurance company may make;
- Representing clients in AD&D lawsuits.
Due to the complex nature of an accidental death and dismemberment claim, you should retain legal counsel before filing a claim or appeal.
We have helped many beneficiaries get their claims paid. We have recovered millions of dollars in denied AD&D claims and would like to help you receive what is rightfully yours under the policy terms.
Not every denial should be taken as a final verdict and every beneficiary should know that a wrongful AD&D claim denial can be reversed on appeal or through litigation. Whether your claim has been denied due to application of exclusions or because it was filed too late, our AD&D lawyers will tell you about your legal options.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Attorney Fee
Our AD&D attorneys work on a contingent fee basis. It means that we do not charge legal fees unless we collect the life insurance death benefits for you. Only then will we charge a reasonable legal fee. We take pride in offering competitive contingent fee structures and will work with you to ensure you are comfortable with the fee.
If you find yourself in a similar situation or feel that your AD&D claim has been unfairly delayed or denied, call our AD&D lawyers for help. We have the experience you can trust.
Call us now at (888) 510-2212 to discuss your AD&D case.