Our beneficiary dispute lawyers represent clients in disputes between competing policy beneficiaries who claim to have rights to the same life insurance benefits.
Life changes such as marriage, divorce, remarriage, the birth of a child, or an adoption are the most common reasons for life insurance disputes. A beneficiary dispute may also arise in a situation where a seriously ill policyholder makes a beneficiary change at the end of his life. Family members who are left out may file a competing claim and allege that the policyholder was not of sound mind or unduly influenced and coerced when changing the beneficiary designation.
When an insurer is faced with a beneficiary dispute, it may insist on filing an interpleader action in court. The life insurance payout is put in an escrow account held by a court and will be released when the case is resolved. The disputing beneficiaries may present their case to a judge. Often, the dispute may go to a mediation or an arbitration.
Having a competent beneficiary dispute attorney on your side will ensure your rights to the life insurance payout are protected. Call us at (888) 510-2212 for a free case evaluation.
Our Beneficiary Dispute Areas of Expertise
When a life insurance beneficiary is disputed, you should seek legal advice from a competent life insurance lawyer. Our life insurance attorneys have resolved many beneficiary disputes including:
- Last-minute change in beneficiary designation;
- Multiple beneficiaries disputing distribution of the life insurance proceeds;
- Dispute when the beneficiary caused or contributed to the death of the insured;
- No beneficiary listed on the policy;
- Improper change of beneficiary;
- Conflicting percentages allocated to beneficiaries;
- Disputes between the surviving spouse and the ex-spouse;
- Disputes among children entitled to life insurance proceeds under a court order;
- Murder-suicide beneficiary disputes between the two estates;
- Disputes between the insured’s caretaker and a family member.
Here are some of the cases that we have successfully handled:
- Denied claim due to beneficiary dispute in a murder-suicide case;
- Denied claim due to beneficiary dispute based on improper beneficiary change;
- Delayed claim due to fraudulent beneficiary designation.
If your beneficiary designation is being disputed or you think the newly named beneficiary engaged in fraud, undue influence, and duress shortly before the insured’s death, call us for a free case evaluation.
How Our Lawyers Can Help Win Your Life Insurance Dispute
Fighting a beneficiary contest or contesting a beneficiary designation is not something you should do on your own. You need the help of a life insurance dispute attorney skilled in negotiating complex disputes between competing claimants.
Our attorneys are legal experts in life insurance beneficiary disputes and can make sure your contest is handled professionally and competently.
Our beneficiary dispute attorneys will review your case and outline a legal strategy that will protect your rights to the life insurance payout. We can help you resolve your beneficiary contest out of court or take the case to court if needed, but we will make sure you receive the proceeds that you are rightfully entitled to and are satisfied with the results.
At Kadetskaya Law Firm, we have considerable experience:
- Helping clients understand their life insurance beneficiary rights;
- Negotiating favorable settlements for our clients who are in the middle of a beneficiary dispute;
- Litigating complex life insurance matters;
- Ensuring clients’ rights are protected throughout the beneficiary contest process;
- Successfully contesting life insurance beneficiary designations.
Life Insurance Beneficiary Dispute Lawyers Fee
Our beneficiary dispute attorneys work on a contingent fee basis. It means that we do not charge legal fees unless we collect the life insurance proceeds for you. Only then will we charge a reasonable legal fee.
We take pride in offering competitive contingent fee structures and will work with you to ensure you are comfortable with the fee. If your claim has been denied or delayed, consult legal counsel as soon as possible. Call (888) 510-2212 for a free case evaluation. We have the experience you can trust.