People buy life insurance policies with the intention of making sure their family members are not left in dire financial conditions after the death. But when an insurance company denies or delays a legitimate claim, the beneficiaries may be left without any financial means. An already emotionally difficult time is often compounded by financial difficulties and stress over dealing with denied life insurance claims. When a claim is not paid and a dispute arises, the beneficiary will also have to face the complexities and stress of negotiations and possibly litigation.
Our life insurance lawyers work with beneficiaries whose claims for death benefits have been denied. If your life insurance company will not pay, we can help. After years of practice, we recovered millions of dollars in denied insurance claims having helped clients through all the stages of their life insurance claim process. Call (888) 510-2212 to get a free consultation with one of our life insurance attorneys.
Our Experience in Handling Life Insurance Claim Denials
In times like this, it is beneficial to work with a top-rated life insurance attorney. If you are not sure if you can appeal your claim or if you can speed up your delayed life insurance claim, we offer a free case evaluation to see how we can help you.
There are many reasons life insurance companies deny coverage and we have handled them all. At our firm, our attorneys are experienced in cases involving the following denied life insurance claims:
- Denial for failure to pay premiums / Lapse
- Denial for failure to reinstate
- Denial for failure to provide complete information on application
- Denial for material misrepresentation on the life insurance application
- Denial based on exclusion in the policy
- Denial based on alcohol use
- Denial based on drug use
- Denial based on prescription drug use
- Denial based on death caused by an accident
- Denial based on suicide of the insured
- Denial based on murder of the insured
- Denial based on self-inflicted injury
- Denial based on presumption of death due to disappearance
- Denial based on death in a foreign country
- Denial for failure to provide insurability form
- Denial based on employer’s mistake
- Denial based on employment termination
- Denial based on change in employment status
- Denial based on failure to provide a conversion application
Here are a few cases that our life insurance attorneys have successfully handled:
- Denied claim without explanation for ex-spouse
- Denied claim due to policy lapse due to non-payment of premium
- Denied claim due to lapsed policy during the contestability period
- Denied claim due to increased policy premium lapse
- Denied claim due to bad faith
- Denied claim due to non-eligibility for waiver of premium
- Denied claim due to material misrepresentation
- Denied claim due to beneficiary dispute in a murder-suicide case
- Denied claim due to beneficiary dispute due to improper beneficiary change
If you find yourself in one of the situations described above or you simply need advice, a free consultation to help you assess your case will always be available to you at our firm.
How Our Attorneys Can Help Overturn Your Claim Denial
Many clients whose claims were denied have questioned whether the reason for denial is valid or legal. Life insurance law is very fact-specific: every case seems to have a wrinkle that makes it different from a similar case. This is why it is important to contact an experienced life insurance attorney who will review the facts of your case and will give you clear legal advice. At Kadetskaya Law Firm, our insurance lawyers can help you understand your life insurance beneficiary rights and determine how to act when a claim is denied.
We have the background necessary to offer advice through all stages of your life insurance claim process:
- Explain how to file a life insurance claim
- Explain the contents of the denial letter
- Assist you in writing and filing a life insurance appeal
- Review your case and explain what your legal options are
- Create effective strategies both in and out of the courtroom.
Contact our office immediately so we can assess your situation and help you get the full amount of your claim.
We have represented clients against a number of life insurance companies that deny claims, including The Hartford, Prudential, Primerica, Pacific Life, New York Life, Lincoln Financial, CIGNA, Genworth, Metropolitan Life, Transamerica, and many more. You can find the complete list here.
Denied Life Insurance Claim Lawyer Fee
Our life insurance attorneys work on a contingent fee basis. It means that we do not charge legal fees unless we collect the life insurance death benefit for you. Only then will we charge a reasonable legal fee. We take pride in offering competitive contingent fee structures and will work with you to ensure you are comfortable with the fee. If your claim has been denied or delayed, call (888) 510-2212 for a no-cost, confidential evaluation from one of our lawyers. We have the experience you can trust.