Our ERISA attorneys work with beneficiaries of life insurance policies sponsored by employers, unions, or employee groups on issues arising under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
ERISA is a federal law that governs claims from most employee benefit plans in private industry and provides protection for enrolled individuals. ERISA was designed to protect the legal rights of employees and their beneficiaries. In practice, however, many ERISA plan participants have difficulties recovering the benefits they are entitled to.
ERISA is a complex law and provides for many reasons life insurance companies can use to deny your claim. Since ERISA law can be very difficult to understand, it is best to consult an experienced employee benefit attorney if your claim was denied. Call us at (888) 510-2212 for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Our ERISA Areas of Expertise
At Kadetskaya Law Firm, we have a high success rate of recovering insurance proceeds on ERISA appeals and will make sure your appeal is handled professionally and competently.
Our ERISA lawyers have considerable experience in winning cases involving claim denials including:
- Denial based on failure to provide a conversion application;
- Denial based on change in marital status;
- Denial based on exclusions;
- Denial based on employer non-payment of premium;
- Denial based on failure to apply for waiver of premium;
- Denial based on failure to provide evidence of insurability form;
- Denial based on employer’s mistake;
- Denial based on not being actively at work;
- Denial based on dependent ineligibility.
Here are just a few cases successfully handled by our ERISA employee benefit attorneys:
- Denied ERISA claim due to material misrepresentation on Portability Application
- Denied ERISA claim based on employer and insurer negligence
Denied ERISA claim due to failure to provide statement of domestic partnership
- Denied ERISA claim based on failure to provide statement of health
Denied ERISA claim for ex-spouse
- Denied claim due to material misrepresentation during the contestability period
- Denied claim due to beneficiary dispute
- Denied claim due to beneficiary dispute involving ex-spouse, estate, and MetLife
- Denied claim due to beneficiary dispute between children and girlfriend
We have represented clients against a number of life insurance companies in ERISA appeals, lawsuits and settlements. CIGNA, Metropolitan Life, Primerica, Prudential, and United of Omaha are just a few of them. You can find the complete list here.
How Our ERISA Lawyers Can Help Recover Your Benefits
At our law firm, our ERISA attorneys offer legal expertise in all stages of ERISA claims and have considerable experience in:
- Explaining how ERISA works and how to protect your life insurance beneficiary rights;
- Assisting clients with filing an ERISA claim;
- Helping clients expedite an ERISA claim delay;
- Helping clients understand the contents of the denial letter;
- Assisting clients in writing and filing an ERISA appeal;
- Representing clients in ERISA lawsuits;
- Representing clients whose beneficiary designation is challenged by a competing claimant’s qualified domestic relations order;
- Representing clients in cases involving employer’s breach of fiduciary responsibility owed to ERISA claimants;
- Representing clients in cases involving insurer’s breach of fiduciary responsibility owed to ERISA claimants.
When our life insurance lawyers prepare an ERISA appeal, they draft a legal brief based on ERISA law and the results of an independent investigation and research. This forces the insurance company to look at the case from a new perspective. Beneficiaries who win ERISA appeals at an administrative level save time and money that would otherwise be spent on litigation.
At our ERISA law firm, we urge everyone whose benefit claim was denied to hire an ERISA attorney before filing an appeal to increase chances of winning.
ERISA Attorney Fees
Our ERISA employee benefit lawyers work on a contingent fee basis. It means that we do not charge legal fees unless we collect the ERISA proceeds for you. Only then will we charge a reasonable legal fee. We take pride in offering competitive contingent fee structures and will work with you to ensure you are comfortable with the fee.
If your ERISA claim has been denied or delayed, consult our attorneys before filing a claim or an appeal. Call (888) 510-2212 for a free case evaluation. ERISA attorneys at our law firm have the experience you can trust.