Our life insurance attorneys work with ex-spouses and beneficiaries of life insurance policies whose payout has been delayed or unfairly denied after divorce.
Many issues with life insurance arise after a divorce. The laws controlling divorce and life insurance are complex and confusing, even more so if the life insurance policy is a group policy and is governed by federal laws.
At our law firm, we work to protect your rights and will help you understand the legal intricacies involved in the process of claiming the payout. Call (888) 510-2212 to speak with one of our life insurance lawyers. We offer free, no-obligation consultations.
Our Areas of Expertise in Life Insurance and Divorce Cases
At Kadetskaya Law Firm, we have helped many ex-spouses who have had difficulties collecting the payout they are rightfully entitled to. Our life insurance attorneys have successfully handled cases involving life insurance settlements governed by state and federal law, including the following circumstances:
- Denied claims due to improper change of beneficiary;
- Delayed claims due to beneficiary contests;
- Denied claims due to revocation upon divorce statutes;
- Denied claims due to divorce court orders;
- Issues with SGLI life insurance claims in divorce cases;
- Issues with FEGLI life insurance claims in divorce cases;
- Issues with VGLI life insurance claims in divorce cases;
- Issues with ERISA life insurance claims in divorce cases.
Here are a few cases that our lawyers have successfully handled:
- Denied claim without explanation for ex-spouse;
- Denied claim due to beneficiary dispute based on improper beneficiary change;
- Denied claim due to a statute revoking an ex-spouse as a beneficiary after divorce;
- Denied claim for an ex-spouse in an ERISA case;
- Denied FEGLI claim in a divorce case.
When the insurance company informs you that you do not have a right to claim the policy proceeds, you need to consult with an experienced life insurance attorney. Often, insurance company agents reviewing your claim do not determine correctly what law controls the case and may wrongfully deny your benefits. With an experienced attorney on your side, you will be able to overturn the denial and collect the policy death benefits.
How Our Life Insurance Lawyers Can Help Win Your Case
In many cases of several competing claimants, the insurer may file an interpleader. An interpleader is a court proceeding initiated by the insurance company presented with two or more competing claims for the life insurance money. To improve your chances of winning, you need an experienced life insurance attorney on your side.
At Kadetskaya Law Firm, we will protect your rights. Our life insurance attorneys can offer legal expertise during all stages of the divorce process and have considerable experience in:
- Helping clients understand their life insurance beneficiary rights after divorce
- Assisting individuals going through divorce with protecting their life insurance designations from automatic revocation laws after divorce;
- Consulting individuals going through divorce regarding preserving their life insurance policies.
Call our law firm now if you think there may be several claimants to the life insurance proceeds. We offer free consultations.
Life Insurance Attorney Fee
Our attorneys work on a contingent fee basis. It means that we do not charge legal fees unless we collect the life insurance proceeds for you. Only then will we charge a reasonable legal fee. We take pride in offering competitive contingent fee structures and will work with you to ensure you are comfortable with the fee. If your claim has been denied or delayed, call our life insurance lawyers for help.
Call (888) 510-2212 for a free, confidential consultation. We have the experience you can trust.