Our life insurance lawyers handle claims against employers who did not provide terminated employees with proper notice and instructions to port their group policy coverage, resulting in denied claims due to non-payment of premiums.
When an employee has group life insurance provided to him by his employer, that plan is in force for as long as the employee is actively working. When an employee is terminated, retires, or changes employment, the group coverage may no longer be available to him. In such cases, the insurer or employer has the duty to notify the employee of the option to port his coverage or, in other words, change it to an individual plan providing the same protections by a certain deadline. When they fail to inform employees who left the job of their portability rights, coverage may be lost and insurers will use this as a reason to deny your life insurance claim.
If you are the beneficiary of a group life insurance policy and you suspect that your claim was unfairly denied due to failure to port coverage, it’s best to consult with a life insurance portability lawyer. At our law firm, we know the employers’ duties under the law and can help you recover your life insurance payout. Call us at (888) 510-2212 for a free case evaluation.
Our Experience in Handling Life Insurance Portability Cases
Our life insurance lawyers have years of experience and can hold employers accountable for failing to meet their obligations under law. We are familiar with the unfair methods life insurers use to deny claims and can create a comprehensive strategy to fight back. We have successfully handled cases involving the following denied life insurance claims:
- Material misrepresentation on the Portability Application;
- Failure to provide notice informing former employees of their portability right;
- Failure to send a conversion notice;
- Refusal to allow the beneficiary to file a claim;
- Denial due to termination during disability;
- Denial due to termination during FMLA.
If you are facing any of the situations above, you should contact a life insurance portability lawyer before taking any further steps. We are always available for a free consultation and will offer competent legal advice on the best course of action for you to collect the death benefits you are rightfully entitled to.
Here are a few cases related to denial of benefits under portability coverage where we obtained favorable results for our clients:
- Denied claim due to material misrepresentation on Portability Application;
- Denied claim due to employer material misrepresentation;
- Denied claim due to failure to provide a conversion application;
- Denied claim due to failure to request Evidence of Insurability.
How Our Attorneys Can Help Recover Your Death Benefits
Our life insurance portability lawyers are prepared to fight on behalf of beneficiaries whose claims have been wrongfully denied by insurance companies. We obtain favorable results in court and in out-of-court settlements.
At our law firm, we have considerable experience handling claims based on failure to port coverage and are skilled in:
- Explaining how life insurance portability works;
- Helping clients understand their life insurance beneficiary rights;
- Helping clients file a life insurance claim;
- Filing a comprehensive legal brief to appeal the life insurance claim denial;
- Holding insurance companies accountable for the ambiguous language;
- Anticipating and counteracting insurance companies’ unfair tactics they employ in denying claims;
- Holding employers liable for failure to provide conversion notices;
- Holding plan administrators responsible for claim denial due to failure to submit a conversion application.
If your loved one’s portable coverage application was approved, but then after the death, the insurer refused to pay your claim, call Kadetskaya Law Firm for help. We have assisted many people in recovering life insurance proceeds after a wrongful denial of benefits under portability coverage.
Life Insurance Portability Lawyer Fee
Our attorneys work on a contingent fee basis. It means that we do not charge legal fees unless we collect the life insurance death benefit for you. Only then will we charge a reasonable legal fee. We take pride in offering competitive contingent fee structures and will work with you to ensure you are comfortable with the fee. If your claim has been denied or delayed, call us at (888) 510-2212 to speak with one of our life insurance portability lawyers. We have the experience you can trust.